"A Toast to Sacramento Design" -- Saturday, January 26, 2013 at the California Museum from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
A benefit event celebrating Sacramento design legends Ray Eames and late SacMod member Miles Treaster, “A Toast To Sacramento Design” includes cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, a preview of the Museum’s upcoming exhibit “Ray Eames: A Century of Modern Design” with Lucia Eames and Llisa Demetrios of Eames Office, silent auction including the new AMMO book “EAMES: Beautiful Details”, and a look back at Northern California’s innovations in design. Proceeds benefit the upcoming exhibit at the Museum.
"Ray Eames: A Century of Modern Design at the California Museum" -- Opening day is February 23, 2013!
SacMod is proud to be a supporter of this exhibit that features Sacramento-native modernist Ray Eames! We helped raise funds via our exclusive tour of the Roush Residence last June and also contributed background research and artifacts to the exhibit.
The exhibit will show a unique collection of artifacts featuring rarely seen works from the Eames Office archives and reveals a new perspective on Ray's 60-year career in the arts, along with her influence on American culture and significance in history as one of the 20th century's most influential artists.
The 2013 Sacramento Mid-Century Modern Home Tour - May 18, 2013!
Join us on May 18, 2013 for an exciting peek into some of Sacramento’s best mid-century modern architecture. Our second tour includes entry into homes and commercial buildings not seen in our 2010 tour, vintage transportation displays, exhibits, goodies, and more. Space is limited -- buy your tickets early to ensure you don’t miss out!
Ticket sales begin March 1, 2013 and end May 15, 2013.
Advance sale prices: $20 SacMod members; $30 non-members.
Day of event: $30 SacMod members; $40 non-members (Subject to availability; credit card only.)
Planning is still in progress and there are more details to come - stay tuned via our blog and follow us on our Facebook page.
Tax-deductible member benefits include a discount to paid SacMod events and having first crack at reserving a seat/purchasing tickets. 2012 was a busy year for SacMod! Thanks to everyone who came to our events, collaborated with us, and supported us throughout the year. A re-cap:
- Three mid-century modern homes from the 2010 Sacramento Mid-Century Modern Home Tour were featured in separate issues of Atomic Ranch magazine;
- We screened Infinite Space: The Architecture of John Lautner with AIA Central Valley and Movies on a Big Screen. Photos here;
- We brought you an exclusive tour of the Roush Residence with 2/3 of all proceeds going to The California Museum's upcoming exhibit, "Ray Eames: A Century of Modern Design." Photos here:
- We teamed with AIACV and others again for a free screening of the documentary "Contemporary Days: The Designs of Lucienne & Robin Day." Photos here.
- We collaborated with the Center for Contemporary Art Sacramento for a fun party at a mid-century modern home that was featured in our 2010 tour. The party included an art fundraiser for CCAS. Photos here;
- We teamed up with Design Rides for a free bike tour featuring relevant MCM buildings and public art plus two open MCM homes from our 2010 tour (video here);
- We brought you Coast Modern with the AIA Central Valley Region Architecture Festival and the Crocker Art Museum;
- We conducted behind the scenes research for various projects and worked on several preservation matters.
SacMod has been accomplishing its goals through events, research, and development of educational materials and information resources. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit run exclusively by volunteers. With your help, SacMod can continue to promote awareness and preservation of Sacramento's mid-20th century modern heritage through future events, research, and education. Please go to our blog and use the "Add to cart" button in the upper left margin.
At the moment, the BEST WAY to remain in the loop about SacMod's activities is to keep checking our blog and our Facebook page.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!