Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Did you know that Julius Shulman photographed several Sacramento buildings?

We will be sharing some of these photographs with you in person at Crocker Art Museum's Film Frame: Visual Acoustics this Thursday evening. My favorite photos of the bunch are of a residence designed by Sacramento architect George Muraki for the Blomberg family. You may recall that Mr. Muraki's personal home was featured in the Sacramento Mid-Century Modern Home Tour last June.


Why not come directly to the Crocker after work? Remember -- admission includes access to the museum. Have a bite to eat at the Crocker Cafe and relax with a cocktail.

See Crocker's website for details on buying tickets. Hope to see you there.

4 comments:

  1. Hello!

    Had a great time at the movie last night. I am a designer/blogger here in Sactown and am interested in joining SacMod. How do I join? Great event! I am working on a Streng house right now and am a huge Modern architecture fan.

    Katie Denham
    Katie Denham Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie and thanks for supporting our event! We had a sign-up sheet last night. I'll look to see if you had a chance to place your contact info on it; if not, I will contact you directly. Best, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gretchen- So nice to meet you last night! It was a great event and we were so happy with the turnout! Not sure if I'm on your mailing list, but I'm very interested in helping SacMod!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Likewise Will; thanks for joining us at the Crocker Art Museum last night. I don't think you are on the list we had out for sign-ups. Please send an email with your contact info to SacramentoModern [at] comcast [dot] net -- looking forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete